Leadership Public Schools - Richmond Campus
is now hiring an exceptional leader for the Academic Dean role.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Leadership Public Schools (LPS) is a network of urban charter high schools whose mission is to create educational equity. We empower students for college, career, and community leadership and share our practices on a national scale. LPS has been recognized for closing the achievement gap and fostering a culture of innovation.
LPS is driven by a deep respect for our teachers and staff, and a commitment to the professionalization of teaching. We embrace collaboration, diversity in perspective and background, risk-taking, and flexibility in order to improve instruction and student learning. We are also committed to the role of the school as an essential part of the community in which it is located.
The Academic Dean is a full-time, exempt, year round employee reporting to the Principal.
- A results driven instructional leader who accelerates learning for underperforming, EL and Special Ed students?
- An experienced teacher coach who builds relationships to achieve outcomes?
- A culturally inclusive educator who develops authentic partnerships with families?
- A community builder who believes in restorative justice and mindfulness?
- An innovative practitioner adept in leveraging educational technology?
- A relentless problem solver who takes initiative?
- A team player and experienced collaborator?
- An effective cross-cultural communicator?
- Supervision and Evaluation of Teachers
- Supporting teachers and instruction across the school
- Modeling lessons and instructional strategies for teachers
- Helping teachers to effectively use classroom and schoolwide data
- Ensuring that learning is happening in all classrooms
- Building trust with teachers and using strong interpersonal skills
- Conducting effective observations and evaluations including giving direct and difficult feedback to support growth of teacher practice when needed
- Supporting Curriculum Development and Implementation
- Understanding what rigor looks like in all high school content areas and supporting teachers’ practice in becoming more rigorous
- Supporting teachers across all content areas
- Leading professional development and teacher collaboration, including managing the professional development plan
- Leading innovative practices and incorporating technology as an effective instructional tool
- Overseeing State and Internal Assessment Process
- With the principal, creating testing calendar for the school year
- Coordinating all benchmark, finals and standardized testing, including data analysis protocols and re-teaching plans
- Demonstrating data driven practices and building a growth mindset orientation including: being results-oriented, supporting the internal benchmark testing process, believing in the importance of the ACT - SBAC and standardized measures, organizing systematically the analysis of results, moving teachers’ practice in order to increase student achievement, consistently tracking and monitoring student progress in order to assess effectiveness of intended objective
- Administrative Duties
- Participating as key member of the school's Instructional Leadership team and administrative team
- Participating in parent conferences, enrollment outreach sessions and parent association meetings
- Sustaining a culture of college success
- Supporting the student leadership retreat
- Organizing and leading summer school
- Fulfilling other assignments as need to best serve our students
- High school teaching experience with appropriate authorizations
- Prior administrative experience, Administrative Credential or currently enrolled in a program, specifically responsible for curriculum and pedagogy in the Common Core environment and supporting classroom culture
- Academic expertise: B.A. with M.A. preferred
- Strong cultural competency, a commitment to both excellence and equity in an urban school setting and experience working with diverse youth
- Relentless drive to attain results, skillful problem solver that takes initiative and works with a sense of urgency, ability to work under pressure and adapt easily
- Strong communication, technology and facilitation skills
- Team player and experienced collaborator that is willing and able to work with a wide-range of personalities and working styles
- Comfortable with charter environment including fast growth and flexible roles
- Open to hearing feedback and willing to give feedback to colleagues
- Organized, thorough and prepared without question
- Highly trustworthy
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education. We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Choice of Kaiser or Anthem health care plans
- Vision and dental coverage
- Disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care
- State Teachers’ Retirement (STRS)
- Voluntary benefits: Aflac, Commuter Checks, LifeLock
Why We Work at LPS:
LPS is driven by a deep respect for our teachers and staff, and a commitment to the professionalization of teaching. We embrace collaboration, risk-taking, and flexibility in order to improve instruction and student learning.
OUR STAFF IS AT THE HEART OF OUR SUCCESS.
If you think you would make a positive and lasting difference in
our student's lives we want to hear from you!