Leadership Public Schools is now hiring a dedicated Behavioral Aide
for this school year at our Oakland R&D Campus.
About Our Organization:
Leadership Public Schools (LPS) is a network of urban charter high schools whose mission is to create educational equity. We empower students for college, career, and community leadership and share our practices on a national scale. LPS has been recognized for closing the achievement gap and fostering a culture of innovation.
About Our Campus:
LPS Oakland R&D serves a diverse range of students with special needs. Approximately 13% of our student body has an IEP, and a growing number of these students require behavioral intervention plans. The Special Education team is seeking someone able to support students in maintaining appropriate behavior and coping with their emotions in the school setting. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar position.
- Providing direct instruction/support to students whose needs are identified in an IEP developed by the IEP team
- Working with the Resource Specialist to ensure delivery of special education services
- Supporting general education teachers as assigned
- Using positive behavioral interventions to support students
- Implementing behavior intervention plans as outlined in the students’ IEPs, including, but not limited to, data collection.
- Using a variety of instructional strategies and assessments to engage student learning and identifying when the students are not learning
- Establishing effective working relationships with teachers, students and Principal
- Tutoring students individually and in groups in the high school subject inclusion class
- Attending IEP meetings as needed to review their student's achievement and progress toward meeting annual goals and objectives
- Demonstrating strategies and utilizing materials considered appropriate and effective in meeting both academic and non-academic needs of identified special education students
- Following procedures for a record-keeping system to monitor student’s attendance and progress on goals and objectives
- Providing emphasis on meeting state requirements for a diploma; college admissions; and adult life preparation
- Supporting the homework center or other assigned responsibilities by the Principal
- Fulfilling additional responsibilities as needed to best serve our students and schools
- Solid knowledge of subject matter and how students learn
- Understanding of positive behavioral supports and strategies
- Commitment to students
- Good communication skills, sensitive & easy going demeanor
- A commitment to both excellence and equity for urban students
- Confidence in managing student behavior
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt easily
- Evidence of professional reflection and collaborative work
- Experience in urban schools
- A commitment to both excellence and equity
- Comfortable with a charter school environment
Why We Work at LPS:
LPS is driven by a deep respect for our teachers and staff, and a commitment to the professionalization of teaching. We embrace collaboration, risk-taking, and flexibility in order to improve instruction and student learning.
OUR STAFF IS AT THE HEART OF OUR SUCCESS.
If you think you would make a positive and lasting difference
in our student's lives we want to hear from you!