Leadership Public Schools is seeking applicants
interested in teaching Physics
at our Oakland R&D Campus the upcoming 2019-2020 school year.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Leadership Public Schools (LPS) is a network of urban charter high schools whose mission is to create educational equity. We empower students for college, career, and community leadership and share our practices on a national scale. LPS has been recognized for closing the achievement gap and fostering a culture of innovation.
LPS values the role teachers play in supporting student achievement and personal development. Our teachers value collaboration, celebrate diversity in perspective and background, take risks, and show flexibility to continuously improve instruction and student learning.
We are seeking teachers who believe:
- all students can learn at high levels
- all students deserve an education that prepares them for college, career and community leadership
- schools play a vital role in promoting social justice and disrupting patterns of inequity
We are seeking teachers who have demonstrated:
- a commitment to working with the communities we serve
- academic expertise and an enthusiasm to work with young people
- reflection and growth after struggle, failure and/or feedback
- powerful collaboration within a team
Applicants should be prepared to learn about or lead on:
- creating culturally responsive classrooms that develop a sense of belonging for all students
- providing access to rigorous learning that leads to results for all learners
- utilizing of data to refine curricula and inform instruction
- leveraging technology to drive student achievement
- contributing to student development and leadership outside of the classroom
- B.A., or B.S required; Master’s Degree desirable
- Two or more years teaching experience, particularly in a school serving low-income students and students of color
- Appropriate CA Teaching credential with EL authorization (strongly preferred)
- Commitment to achieving equitable educational outcomes with strong cultural competency and cross-cultural communication skills
- Experience using assessment and data to refine curricula and inform instruction
- Evidence of professional reflection and collaboration
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to leverage educational technology including the Google Suite
- Willingness to participate in shared leadership and student support beyond the classroom
- Comfort working in a charter environment that includes ongoing iteration and flexible roles
This is a full-time position of 190 days including 8 days of professional development. There are seven optional additional instructional collaboration/ professional development days and many opportunities for stipended curriculum work and teacher leadership.
If you are a dynamic Physics teacher who inspires students... We'd like to meet you!
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education. We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Choice of Kaiser or Anthem health care plans
- Vision and dental coverage
- Disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care
- State Teachers’ Retirement (STRS)
- Voluntary benefits: Aflac, Commuter Checks, LifeLock
** In-person interview and performance tasks will take place on school sites.
Leadership Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity at
Why We Work at LPS:
LPS is driven by a deep respect for our teachers and staff, and a commitment to the professionalization of teaching. We embrace collaboration, risk-taking, and flexibility in order to improve instruction and student learning.
OUR STAFF IS AT THE HEART OF OUR SUCCESS.
If you think you would make a positive and lasting difference in
our student's lives we want to hear from you!