Leadership Public Schools is seeking applicants interested in teaching Physics at LPS Richmond for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year.
About Our Organization:
Leadership Public Schools (LPS) is a network of urban charter high schools whose mission is to create educational equity. We empower students for college, career, and community leadership and share our practices on a national scale. LPS has been recognized for closing the achievement gap and fostering a culture of innovation.
LPS values the role teachers play in supporting student achievement and personal development. Our teachers value collaboration, celebrate diversity in perspective and background, take risks, and show flexibility to continuously improve instruction and student learning.
LPS is seeking Physics Teachers
LPS Richmond is seeking talented high school Physics teachers who are energized by the LPS mission and are committed to educational equity for historically underserved youth. Our Physics program:
- Enacts the Next Generation Science Standards by deeply engaging students in iterative cycles of inquiry based on observing phenomena.
- Balances the content of science with the development of scientific practices, skills, and habits of mind.
- Engages students in active learning and scientific collaboration, building their own knowledge through personal experience coupled with feedback from peers and teachers.
- Provides students multiple opportunities to engage in meaningful discussions around physics in their everyday lives.
- Cultivates students’ identities as scientific investigators with potential future careers in STEM.
- Supports students developing the language of the discipline while developing the concepts and skills of science.
- Provides equitable access for students and is committed to equitable assessment practices.
If you are an innovative Physics teacher who inspires students -
We would like to meet you!
- B.A., or B.S required; Master’s Degree desirable
- Two or more years teaching experience, particularly in a school serving low-income students and students of color
- Appropriate CA Teaching credential with EL authorization (strongly preferred)
- Commitment to achieving equitable educational outcomes with strong cultural competency and cross-cultural communication skills
- Deep content knowledge and enthusiasm for science within and beyond the classroom
- Experience using assessment and other data to refine curricula and inform instruction
- Evidence of professional reflection and collaboration
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to leverage educational technology including the Google Suite
- Willingness to participate in shared leadership and student support beyond the classroom
- Comfort working in a charter environment that includes ongoing iteration and flexible roles
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
This is a full-time position of 190 days including 8 days of professional development. There are seven optional additional instructional collaboration/ professional development days and many opportunities for stipended curriculum work and teacher leadership.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education. We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Choice of Kaiser or Anthem Healthcare plans
- Vision and dental coverage
- Disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for unreimbursed medical, dependent care
- State Teachers’ Retirement (STRS)
- Option to participate in voluntary benefits: Aflac, Commuter Checks, LifeLock
Interested candidate should submit:
** In-person interview and performance tasks will take place on school sites.
Leadership Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity at all levels
Why We Work at LPS:
LPS is driven by a deep respect for our teachers and staff, and a commitment to the professionalization of teaching. We embrace collaboration, risk-taking, and flexibility in order to improve instruction and student learning.
If you think you would make a positive and lasting difference in
our student's lives we want to hear from you!