Leadership Public Schools is seeking a network-wide Math Coach to lead and support our teachers in transforming math educational experience and outcomes for all students.
About Our Organization:
Leadership Public Schools (LPS) is a network of three urban charter high schools whose mission is to create educational equity. We empower students for college, career, and community leadership and share our practices on a national scale.
About The Position:
LPS is excited to find an energetic, detail-oriented, highly organized math guru to join our amazing team of educators. The ideal candidate will be an experienced coach of adult learning, have a diverse background in math instruction and accelerating student achievement, a demonstrated personal commitment to serving the urban education community, and a demonstrated record as a skilled communicator and community builder. Join us supporting 100% of our students in achieving math excellence!
Coach Math Teachers
- Coach and support LPS Math teachers with the goal of ensuring that 100% of our students reach and exceed proficiency in mathematics.
- Support the alignment of all courses to the expectation of CCSS Math Standards and Practices, by specifically:
- Coaching teachers to support the implementation of the EngageNY Algebra, Geometry and Algebra 2 curriculum
- Ensuring teachers understand the key instructional practices necessary to support students’ development of all CCSS Math Practices for all courses - Numeracy through Calculus
- Support math teachers in developing their repertoire of strategies to support student centered classrooms, differentiation, and deeper learning.
- Develop and sustain relationships with math teachers across the LPS Network to ensure engagement, alignment, buy in, and effective implementation of math programs for all LPS students.
- Support teachers in meeting the needs of all students, particularly students with special learning needs and emerging bilingual students.
- Support attainment of key growth and proficiency metrics for the math program (including grade data, SBAC Data, ACT data).
- Support site administrators in deepening math content and pedagogical knowledge in order to ensure alignment at sites to Common Core curricula and researched based instructional practices to support student learning.
- Ensure all teachers have access to and deep understanding of the core curricula for their courses, Algebra 1 through upper-level math.
- Serve as a member of the Teaching and Learning Team at the Home Office.
- Deep understanding and experience with the CCSS and implementation of mathematical practices
- Understanding of the EngageNY curriculum
- High levels of competency and confidence in mathematics through upper-level math
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, high emotional intelligence, and cross-cultural communication skills
- Five years of experience as a math teacher
- Three years of experience as a Math leader, coach, mentor or trainer
- Experience working in urban schools with a track record of results for students
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with educators, providing strong support, inspiring them to productive action
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and outcome-driven environment, adapt to changing needs and contribute strategically to the overall mission
- Technological proficiency and experience with variety of online learning platforms
- Willingness to regularly travel to LPS Richmond, Oakland and Hayward campuses
- Graduate degree in Mathematics or Education preferred
Learn more about careers at LPS by visiting www.leadps.org/careers.