Leadership Public Schools is seeking applicants for our Academic Dean
openings for the upcoming 2018-2019 School Year.
About Our Organization:
Leadership Public Schools is a network of three urban charter high schools whose mission is to create educational equity. We empower students for college, career and community leadership and share our practices on a national scale. LPS has developed a national reputation for accelerating the achievement of students entering high school below grade level and for working in partnership with our districts to tackle the most important challenges in urban education. We offer a dynamic professional environment that is innovative, student-centered and community-focused with a wide array of supports for students, teachers, and leaders. We foster a collaborative culture across the network that supports growth and belonging for students and adults.
LPS is seeking Academic Deans
LPS is seeking talented, and effective instructional leaders who are energized and committed to the LPS mission and values.
Academic Dean Responsibilities:
- Supporting Professional Development, Coaching and Curriculum Implementation
- Leading professional development and teacher collaboration, including managing the professional development plan
- Supporting instruction and coaching across content areas with a particular emphasis on supporting transition to the Common Core
- Developing a systemic approach to supporting new teachers
- Modeling lessons and instructional strategies
- Helping teachers effectively use formative data for planning, differentiating and adjusting instruction in the moment.
- Supporting professional development and coaching related to culturally responsive pedagogy
- Supporting incorporating technology as an effective instructional tool
- Supervision and Evaluation of Teachers
- Ensuring that learning is happening in all classrooms
- Ensuring that all staff have appropriate and consistent coaching, supervision, and evaluation
- Conducting effective observations and evaluations including giving direct and difficult feedback to support growth of teacher practice when needed
Overseeing Formative and State Assessment Processes:
- Coordinating all benchmark, finals and standardized testing and creating an assessment calendar for the year
- Supporting data-driven practices that build a growth mindset orientation
- Monitoring grading practices and supporting the development of equitable classroom assessment and grading practices
- Participating as key member of the school's Instructional Leadership and Administrative teams
- Participating in parent conferences, enrollment outreach sessions, School Site Council, Parent/Guardian Association and other family engagement meetings
- Participating in student supervision and discipline as needed, supporting the values, restorative practices and college-going culture of the school
- Participating in Network-wide leadership development and collaboration as a member of the LPS Leadership Team
- Fulfilling other duties and assignments as needed in order to best serve our students and schools
- Administrative Services Credential or program enrollment by the second year in the position
- Strong sense of urgency in addressing the needs of our students and a relentless drive to attain results
- Coaching and teacher leadership experience
- Minimum of three years experience teaching in an urban public district or charter school with demonstrated success in moving student achievement
- Excellent interpersonal skills including collaboration and a team orientation; demonstrated success in leading a cohesive, culturally-inclusive team
- Effective problem solver and project manager with strong attention to effective implementation
- Proficient in the use of technology with a vision for powerful use in the classroom
- Skills to thrive in a small school environment; able to generate enthusiasm and support among staff and community partners for the school’s mission and vision
- Bilingual speaker of Spanish preferred (conversational Spanish strongly recommended)
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education. We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Choice of Kaiser or Anthem Healthcare plans
- Vision and dental coverage
- Disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for unreimbursed medical, dependent care
- State Teachers’ Retirement (STRS)
- Option to participate in voluntary benefits: Aflac, Commuter Checks, LifeLock
Interested candidate should submit:
** In-person interview and performance tasks will take place on school sites.
Leadership Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity at
Why We Work at LPS:
LPS is driven by a deep respect for our teachers and staff, and a commitment to the professionalization of teaching. We embrace collaboration, risk-taking, and flexibility in order to improve instruction and student learning.
OUR STAFF IS AT THE HEART OF OUR SUCCESS.
If you think you would make a positive and lasting difference in
our student's lives we want to hear from you!